User Requirement Specification
In process automation, the distributed control system (DCS) / process control system (PCS) plays the central role. Creating a modular concept during the planning phases, both for hardware and software, guarantees the successful implementation of process engineering and automation requirements.
- Front-end engineering and design
- Automation concept for the user requirements – software/hardware
- Detailed DCS/PCS scheduling – close coordination with process engineering
- Functional design specifications – system topology
- Creating technical tender/bidding documents
- System evaluation – verifying whether functional requirements correspond with the features of systems from various suppliers
- Assistance in developing process descriptions
- Generating functional specifications according to ANSI/ISA-88.01 structures/models (specifications for DCS/PCS suppliers)
- Procurement of DCS/PCS and supervision of execution
- Execution of FATSupervision delivery and system-start-up
For the actual implementation in different vendor systems, see module DCS/PCS Implementation in the Process Automation DCS/PCS business division.